Friday, October 3, 2008

Some Comic Relief

Anyone who has seen me in the past week and a half will attest to the massive scab hovering just below my lip. Sounds gross right? Well, to be honest...it is.

It started to develop the afternoon of Joy's funeral. It started out as a cluster of tiny bumps and had that "tingly" feeling. At first I thought I was breaking out with a couple zits and then thought it to be more of the feeling you get when a cold sore first starts. Well once I started applying the cold sore medicine it quickly scabbed. Okay Sharleen, you said it was massive? Yes, we are not talking your average facial scab. This thing is easily the size of a dime. Mind you it is slowly getting smaller, but not nearly as fast as I would like.


As nasty as it sounds, it looks ever worse. However, I must say it has no doubt provided us all with some much needed comic relief. Lewis has joked how it looks like a piece of chocolate and how I could always just walk around with my hand covering that side of my mouth. We've compared how it looked like the BBQ sauce Lewis had on his mouth after eating his ribs the other day, although not as shiny. I've sworn that this thing has a life of it's own and even it's own pulse. Phoebe has been pointing to it for days. My neighbor, Sarah, suggested that perhaps I should name it. LOL I have to admit I've even been tossing some names around in my head. People no longer look me in the eyes when they are talking to me. I mean who can blame them? It's kinda like a train wreck...you just can't look away.



Okay, I know what you are thinking....this girl really has lost it. Perhaps, but no doubt it has provided many a friends and family a good laugh. I certainly don't take myself too seriously that I can't laugh at myself and recognize how silly I look these days. Sorry, no pictures. I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid!

**Update: I wrote this a couple days ago and as of today the scab fell off! Now I just pray the redness goes away and I am left with no scar.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Sharleen,

Thanks for the comment! I emailed your info. to Jack's mommy. I hope that you will both be able to connect. To have someone that understood what I was feeling - often saying things that I didn't know to express was such a comfort. You are not alone. God bless you and your family and surround you with His peace and comfort today.

Blessings,
Kirsten

manizor said...

this is hilarious. as i was reading, all I could think was, "i hope she posted a picture!" oh well...my imagination will suffice. :)