Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Joy's Garden & Headstone Pictures

Lewis breaks the ground with a sod cutter. The best $25 ever spent for a rental.

Elijah and our dog Isabel want to help.

Lewis is always so safety minded. Great foot protection, no to mention fashion statement.

If you can tell from the pictures...we made the garden heart-shaped.
We planted a weeping mulberry tree, sandcherry bushes, black-eyed susans, a knock-out rose bush, and stella de oro daylillies.

A different angle. We still need to put down mulch and are thinking of lining the garden with rocks. I'll update pics as we do more work on it.

The headstone just got put in the other day. I went yesterday to Joy's grave site to see the completed headstone for the first time.

I'm really happy with the way it turned out.


Looks like someone planted this and put the little statue of an angel holding a bunny in front of Joy's headstone.


I went by myself yesterday as the kids were napping and Lewis was home with them. I had myself a good cry. I told God I was at a loss for what to pray for. Joy no longer needs my prayers as she is with him. I did not want to pray for healing of my heart...I'm not ready for that yet. I just wanted him to give her a big hug and a kiss for me and to let her know how much I miss and love her and look forward to holding her again one day in heaven.

I cried so much I gave myself a splitting headache. I haven't had one like that in years. You know the kind where any kind of light, sound or movement make you absolutely miserable? Well, that is the kind.....almost migraine like really. I slept if off last night and woke up without one.

3 comments:

manizor said...

the garden is so beautiful. well done! :) i love that it is heart-shaped. it's perfect.

i'm glad you had a good cry and a good cry out to God. it is healthy, though it hurts. sorry about the migraine...those have to be the worst headaches...especially when they are triggered from such an emotional cry.

praying for you as always...

The Sloterbeeks said...

Very cool. I love the heart shape idea for the garden! They got her marker done really fast, it's nice it is in before the snow has a chance to come. We continue to pray for you.
DMS

Anonymous said...

Joy's garden is beautiful and it'll be a perfect tribute to her, to watch the tree grow, the flowers bloom. With each passing day, each passing season you'll watch the garden change and know that she is there in her own beautiful light helping it to grow.