Friday, September 26, 2008

Limiting God

I have to thank those of you who have left comments on my blog, sent me messages via Facebook, and the many emails I have received. I'm not able to keep up and respond to all of them at this time, but I want to let you all know that I've read them all and appreciate all the prayers that are being offered up on our behalf.

I've also gotten several emails from friends, family, and people I've never met letting me know how they are being impacted by Joy's life and the work God is doing through her. I have to say that as her mother...I could not ask for anything greater than this. At a time like this it brings me great comfort and joy to know that my daughter, who never took one breathe on this earth is touching people beyond the grave. That's all Jesus! He knew the plans he had for her since the beginning of time, as he did for all of us.


Psalms 139:13-16
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.


God never had any other plan for Joy's life than what took place that day. As unfair as it may seem and as heartbreaking as it's all been...it's been one huge lesson on learning to trust God and His ways. Like I've said before He has bigger plans for her than Lewis and I, as her parents, ever could. God reaches far beyond our expectations. On that note, I have to admit my short-sightedness when I first began this blog. I had hoped that possibly one day my journey might benefit someone else dealing with a similar experience. How silly of me to limit God and what he can do!


Ephesians 3:20
Now to him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think,
according to the power that works in us.


I guess that scripture verse pretty much sums it up eh? To my detriment I've always kinda been a "glass half empty" kinda gal, which has served me well with putting God in a box and putting limits on what I thought possible. I think it's safe to say that is changing.

It's so amazing to me how God has brought certain scriptures to mind to back up what He is showing me. I am by no means a scripture guru. I knew part of how that last scripture went and had to google what I knew to find out where it was in the Bible. It was deep in me some where. ;) Funny how that happens...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sharleen--I hope you are feeling better with the antibiotics. I continue to think and pray for you all daily. I find myself saying "Choose Joy" when life gets tough or the kiddos are driving me crazy. I love you ~~ Kara