Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Long Days...or Daze?

I feel like I'm in a little bit of a daze. Lewis has been gone 3 days so far and still 6 more to go. Ugh! Weeks like this just drag by so slow. They seem like endless days of breakfast, lunch and dinner making....diaper changing, bath giving, disciplining, working, phone calls, running up and down the stairs, story reading and pure exhaustion. Okay so that is how my days usually are, but without Lewis here it all just feel so much more intensified, not to mention lonely.

I look and feel like an absolute bum and I'm lucky to muster up enough motivation to bathe. I think I need a good nap. Oh wait...I can't do that because by the time I finish work it's time for the kids to be getting up from their own naps. I need a vacation! Better yet, I need a weekly vacation. One can always dream. Maybe it's the 6 days a week I work...granted they are not 8 hour days, but just the fact that I have to work 6 days is emotionally draining even if my job isn't very demanding.

Now what am I going to make for dinner?

No comments: