Monday, August 11, 2008

Hobby Lobby

By the title you've probably guess already that I went to the Hobby Lobby today. I went looking for somethings for Joy. I spent and hour and a half wandering the aisles in search for memorabilia type things. I ended up purchasing a plaster kit to be able to get a little hand and foot print mold when she is born. I also got a pink gingham keepsake box...very girly looking. The box I had at home wasn't cutting it and wanted something that was purchased exclusively for her, not just something I had laying around the house. Plus, it was 50% off...score! Lastly I saw insprational wood words that were painted.....words like Love, Laugh, Peace, Faith, Gourmet & Paris. Okay, maybe the last two words listed were not so inspirational. LOL I found Joy. I found one that was painted in black and another that was painted in silver. Silver it was! I purchased it and now it is proudly displayed on our mantel.

After I picked up Elijah from preschool he spotted it pretty quickly and asked about it. I said "Do you know what this says?" He confidently spelled the letters........J.............O..............Y. He's so smart! I told him that it spelled Joy and that I was going to put it up on the mantel to remind us to pray for baby Joy and not to touch it.

Okay, it's not really a reminder to pray for her I guess, because it's certainly not like we need reminding, but maybe it will serve as a reminder for us to trust God and choose joy in this situation as hard as it is. Plus, I find it really comforting to me to have her name displayed in our home. What a great name!!!

No comments: