Tuesday, December 23, 2008

God is SO Good

Over the past two weeks I had mentally adjusted my thinking to being out of work come Jan. 9, 2009. As it turns out I have been given an opportunity to stay with my current employer. The one lady in our small department of 3 who was going to be able to keep her position has unexpectedly turned in her resignation. You can imagine my surprise when I got a call from my boss asking if I was interested in staying on. The answer of course was...yes! I let her know about my plans to return to school in Jan. and when my classes would be and she is going to be planning my hours around my classes. How awesome is that? I can't tell you what an answer to prayer this is. God is SO good!

Lewis was trying to figure out why things happened the way they played out here over the past two weeks and why God did this or that. I was like "Lewis, if I've learned anything about God it is that I don't always know or understand his reasons for things." I've really learned not to try and give myself a headache in trying to figure out the why because it is all just speculation anyway. I just have to trust him.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths.

During this Christmas season it is so easy to look around and see who is missing. You can imagine I see Joy's name everywhere I go during this time of year and I love it!! I really do. Some may think it would be a sorrowful reminder of what I'm lacking. On the contrary...I don't want to focus on what I'm lacking, but on how much richer Joy has made our lives. Sure I would rather have her here with us, and I miss her so much it hurts, but I don't want to be so consumed by the grief that I miss the blessing God has for me.

Be blessed this holiday season!

2 comments:

Megan said...

AMEN SISTER! WELL SAID!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!

Rachel said...

Praise God! Been wondering how things are since your last post. Thought about how Joy could've been 1 month old yesterday. I hope you all have a blessed Christmas.

Happy Birthday Jesus!